31 Jan CNC 5-Axis Machinist
Perform tasks on 5-Axis CNC (computerized numerical control) equipment in the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Will utilize machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments to ensure order specifications.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, and depth micrometers.
- Responsible for standard shop computations related to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay our stock for machining.
- Responsible for testing set ups and dimensions of all machines to ensure accuracy.
- Work from engineering design drawings and technical specifications.
- Maintain dimensional accuracy, “to + or – 0.0001”, during machining processes, through the use of measuring instruments (e.g. Vernier calipers, inside/outside & depth micrometers, gage blocks, surface and height gages, and dial indicators).
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
Must meet standard requirements (listed below) plus the following skill set:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Technical Degree/Certification preferred.
- Must have 5 years minimum experience as a 5-Axis CNC Machinist.
- Familiarity with geometric tolerances and experience with machine set up.
- Good Mechanical ability and Math Skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- Basic tools — list will be provided (based upon position).
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|TITLE||CNC 5-Axis Machinist|
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||Team Leader|