27 Oct Controller / Senior Accounting Manager
This position reports to the President/CEO and has primary responsibility for directing the accounting functions of the Company including maintaining fiscal records, establishing and maintaining budgetary controls and procedures, and preparing financial reports. The position is accountable for developing and implementing financial plans and policies and accounting practices and procedures to ensure Company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, and other applicable financial and accounting regulations. The position participates with other key senior managers in setting objectives and developing and implementing current and long-range business plans and strategies for the Company by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Direct the accounting functions and allocates the financial resources of the Company to achieve or exceed business and strategic plan objectives.
- Maintain fiscal records, establishes and maintain budgetary controls and procedures, and prepares monthly/annual financial reports.
- Develops and implements financial plans and policies, and accounting practices and procedures and interfaces with external auditors and customer representatives to assure the Company is compliant with GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, and other applicable financial and accounting regulations.
- Lead and direct the Company’s activities under US government FAR regulations and requirements; liaise with DCMA and DCAA, and other government agencies. Oversight of government reporting and negotiations.
- Oversight of the development of Government approved Business Systems (Deltek Costpoint, COBRA etc.) through a program of continuous improvement and business optimization.
- Represents the Company regarding all financial matters in all relations with its customers and business and non-business communities with specific emphasis on financial community and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Micro Crafts banking and financial partners/advisors to ensure access to capital and financing resources.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Advise senior management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity with the ability to interpret complex problems and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to re-engineer and streamline finance and accounting organizations to keep pace with rapid growth, geographic dispersity and changing customer, government and marketplace demands.
- Demonstrate drive and purpose with the ability to adapt and lead multiple specialty teams toward common business goals and future vision.
- Manage effective teams and work groups with respect, effective communication and mutual accountability.
- Developing others through metrics-oriented goals and stretch opportunities/projects.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships, leading by example to foster team growth and collaboration through innovation, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead through group and organizational change management initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence change toward future strategic vision.
- Can-do attitude to problem solving, open to evaluate and accept new ideas
- Must be an advocate of professional self-development to keep up with trends within your industry
- Regular and on time attendance is a requirement of the job.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Periodic travel as required.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or a related field. MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Aerospace and Defense experience highly desirable preferably with NASA and DoD experimental flight type projects.
- Minimum 5 to 10+ years’ progressive experience in a financial senior leadership role with enterprise-wide responsibility in multiple sites and corporate HQ
- Prior Merger & Acquisition experience a plus.
- Experience with the rollout/use of Deltek Costpoint, COBRA etc.
- This is a key position requiring unique experience, education, and background with extensive managerial, planning, and financial experience.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|TITLE||Controller / Senior Accounting Manager|
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||President / CEO|