31 Jan Engineer V, Design
Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products, such as engines, equipment, models and associated subsystems components and aerospace structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Utilizes and applies engineering principles, research data, and proposed product specifications.
- Confers with other teams / departments and customers to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing and building of prototype products.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs per project.
- Analyzes test data, reports to determine if design meets functional, and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Operates as the lead over the projects as assigned.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Be proficient in CAD model design and surfacing operations with the ability to perform FEA within the CAD program.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution and professional engineering (PE) license or ability to obtain required.
- Ten to 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Wind tunnel model design and stress analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with SolidEdge ST10 preferred.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Active security clearance preferred or must be able to obtain and maintain.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|TITLE||Engineer V, Design|
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||Engineering Manager|