13 Feb Machinist IV
Performs repetitive set ups and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, EDM die sink/wire and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools or machines to exact tolerances and dimensions by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for set ups and operation of necessary tools for ordered specifications to include but not limited to lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, EDM die sink/wire, and precision grinders.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Will utilize machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments to ensure order specifications.
- Responsible for standard shop computations related to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay our stock for machining.
- Responsible for testing set ups and dimensions of all machines to ensure accuracy.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
Must meet standard requirements (listed below) plus the following skill set:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or completion of technical program or
- Five-Ten years of related experience with set ups and operation of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, EDM die sink/wire and precision grinders.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Active security clearance preferred or must be able to obtain and maintain.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||Tony Gilliam|