20 Dec Production Estimator
Responsible for providing leadership and expertise for all aspects of estimating the manufacturing cost of new and existing parts. Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing blueprints, 3D models, technical data – including specifications, proposals, and other data to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes to aid management in bidding on or determining the price of the Company’s services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- The majority of time will be dedicated to estimating the cost of new and existing parts.
- Estimate material cost and cost of manufacturing and engineering labor to support proposals submitted to prospective customers.
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Prepare and manage estimate/bid packages, ensuring all required documentation/ information is included.
- Utilize a cross-functional team as required to create optimal build specifications considering material, print, nesting, layout routing and shipping (Engineering, Purchasing, Suppliers, Production, Quality, etc.)
- Responsible for completing customer cost breakdown sheets as requested
- Provide visibility into quoting activity & status as required
- Creates technical, and commercial conditions related to manufacturability, tolerances, purchased material minimums, tooling, and processes.
- Communicates with customers to resolve issues during the estimating process and with internal staff to gain and leverage processes to maximize competitiveness.
- Updates estimates upon receipt of a change request.
- Prepares itemized lists of required tooling.
- Prepares listings of all deviations, exceptions, and notes used to define quote assumptions used to determine the price so they can be added to the quote form.
- Maintains a log of estimates in process, stage of completion and previously completed estimates
- Consult with subcontractors, management and other relevant parties to determine manufacturing processes to ensure accuracy of quotes
- Consult with customers, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Manage RFQ queue and ensure quotes are returned according to customer needs.
- Maintain records of estimates projects, analyzing change orders and determining cost differences
- Inform immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance and working overtime as assigned
- Be observant, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Five-seven years related cost estimating experience with a strong machining background, preferably in a production manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Ability to read and clearly understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to quote complex machined components, assemblies, and special processes.
- Familiarity with processes, materials, and specifications used by manufacturers – particularly as it relates to subtractive machining such as; GD&T, Material Properties, NDT, heat-treat processes, and plating/coating processes common to aerospace, defense & commercial manufacturing
- Strong computer skills and in-depth understanding of ERP, CAD/CAM, and MS Office Applications
- Basic understanding of the concepts of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong conceptual estimating comprehension and analytical skills.
- Ability to work to specifications with extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-managing and require minimum supervision.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
- Active security clearance preferred or must be able to obtain and maintain.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand/eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||Operations Manager|