11 Nov Program Manager
Program Manager will be responsible for meeting scheduled milestones, financial and technical performance of one or more programs, including its ongoing operations. Responsibility will include providing support to the Operations Department by ensuring that all material requirements for assigned programs are satisfied within contractual requirements:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Review and evaluate technical and business aspects of customer requests for proposals and / or change requests
- Support and lead elements of customer bid packages and internal project appropriation requests including coordination and review of statement of work, technical proposal requirements compliance, engineering cost estimates, and program schedules
- Create, monitor, and update program plans, budgets, and schedule in sufficient detail which define the required processes / activities of various functional groups to achieve customer defined milestones / deliverables
- Coordinate effective use of personnel assigned to the project from all functional groups within the company.
- Coordinate sufficient in-house product reviews with various functional groups to ensure product designs are manufacturable and meet cost targets while satisfying customer specifications
- Develop and ensure adherence to standard processes and procedures throughout all phases of the program
- Coordinate with supply chain and operations team members to facilitate the new product introduction process and ensure program hardware delivery requirements meet customer and program needs
- Coordinate customer required technical and program progress reviews
- Maintain high level of communication with internal and external customers
- Proactively manage project scope to ensure only what was agreed to is delivered
- Ensure changes in scope are thoroughly documented and approved through a standardized change management process
- Monitor and control program costs associated with non-recurring engineering activities during the Design and Development phases of the program
- Prioritize resources and tasks to drive key milestone adherence
- Identify, track, manage, and assist in resolving program issues
- Identify, manage, and assist in mitigation of program risks (technical, schedule, and cost) through a standardized risk management process
- Facilitate a complete and orderly transition of the product from the program’s engineering design and development phase to full scale production through a standardized production readiness review process
- Proactively disseminate project information to stake holders (core team, leadership team, and customers) by defining, collecting data for, and presenting program metrics in a standardized program review / audit process. Metrics should be centered on program schedule, costs, and completion of program deliverables.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions:
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Engineering or technical discipline preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in Program Management or related Project Management type position.
- Proficient in Program Management philosophies and processes.
- Willingness to pursue PMP Certification.
- Possess sufficient technical aptitude to understand design and production processes.
- Medium to high parts production experience desired.
- Knowledge of different types of US Government contract types (Fixed Price, Cost Plus and Time & Material).
- Knowledge of Deltek/Costpoint.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, MS Project, Excel, and e-mail software.
- Expert in spreadsheet development, manipulation, and management. Must be quick learner with new databases, portals, and systems.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Current US Citizenship required.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||Program Management Manager|