07 Oct Quality Assurance Manager
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to manage a Quality Assurance system that interprets customer requirements (via drawings, specifications, contractual requirements), the position maintains Quality System requirements in accordance with management expectations and systems certifications (AS 9100 Rev D).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following:
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Analyze quality assurance test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Stop production if serious product defects are
- Communicate quality assurance information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or
- Instruct staff in quality assurance and analytical
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or
- Document testing procedures, methodologies, or
- Continuously research and implement the use of new software and technology to increase departmental efficiency.
- Review and update standard operating procedures or quality assurance
- Identify quality problems or areas for improvement and recommend
- Verify that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection
- Review quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and
- Generate and maintain quality assurance operating
- Instruct vendors or contractors on quality guidelines, testing procedures, or ways to eliminate
- Coordinate the selection and implementation of quality assurance equipment, such as inspection
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety
- Be observant, detail oriented and
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work
- Performs related duties as needed by
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5-10 years of experience leading Quality Management teams in an AS9100 Quality Management System
- Strong background in precision machining manufacturing environment is required
- Thorough understanding of Aerospace specifications, AS9100 standard, and CMM/Manual Measuring equipment
- Ability to write professionally for multiple outlets that conform to prescribed style and
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and
- Subject to drug and alcohol
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand/ eye coordination is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|TITLE||Quality Assurance Manager|
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||General Manager|