11 Dec Senior Accountant
Applies principles of accounting to devise and implement systems for general accounting. Must have the knowledge and abilities to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Develop forms and manuals for accounting will perform accounting tasks for accounts payable and receivables.
- Maintaining and managing all reports related to budgets and associates that provide data.
- Ensures that team reflects appropriate company assets, liabilities, capital and depreciation.
- Will conduct necessary audits of contracts, orders, and preparing of the reports needed to reflect findings of any audit as well as the action steps for correction if found.
- Will prepare all cost and comparative reports to assist in the decisions with changes in pricing and production.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead, and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or related field
- Five plus years of experience as an accountant in a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- Advanced computer skills/abilities, required. Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Word, required.
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Experience with an ERP system/preferred experience with Deltek CostPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities
- Able to develop successful working relationships within all functions and all levels of employees
- Required experience with departmental spending, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Required experience with general accounting including financial statement and cost/variance account reporting.
- Required experience in a standard cost manufacturing environment. Must understand BOMs, routings, DL and OH rates.
- Able to handle highly confidential business transactions without divulging information
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|EMPLOYEE REPORTS TO||CFO|