26 Mar Impact of COVID-19 Virus on Micro Craft Operations
From: Dr. Kenneth W. Sullivan P.E. President and CEO
I just wanted to reach out to you, our valued customers, to inform you that Micro Craft is still operating to meet your requirements in support of the aerospace and defense sector. We understand the need of our Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce in supporting the Defense Industrial Base (DIB). We have implemented the following changes until further notice:
- Heightened hygiene practices including daily cleaning of high traffic areas and human-to-machine interfaces
- Availability of gloves for employees in work areas
- All non-essential business travel is suspended
- Employees are encouraged to suspend personal travel
- The number of visits and visitors will be restricted into our facility
- Standing internal meetings will be held via e-mail, phone or Microsoft Teams
- Restructuring work schedules to reduce social interaction
- Cancellation of all company functions
Regarding our capability to meet our customer needs and continued operations, we have performed the following:
- Purchased tooling ahead of plan to sustain our operations for several weeks. There is a concern that border inspections may delay deliveries of tooling purchased from Europe.
- Working with you regarding pending awards to be able to purchase raw material as soon as possible not to impact schedule.
- Working with our suppliers and outside processors to coordinate deliveries.
The Micro Craft Team stands ready to continue to support you and your organization. We are constantly monitoring the situation. We are also in discussion with both our local, state and federal officials to monitor any issues that may arise at their levels regarding this virus.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at Kenneth.Sullivan@microcraft.aero or (931) 308-8410.