09 Jun Machinist 4
SUMMARY: Performs set ups and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, and tools. Machine parts to exact tolerances and dimensions by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Able to set up and operate necessary manual and CNC machine tools for ordered specifications to include but not limited to lathes, milling machines and precision grinders.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Will utilize machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments to ensure order specifications.
- Responsible for standard shop computations related to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out parts for machining.
- Be observant, detail oriented and accurate.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Participate in 5-s and lean activities as needed
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Machine Technology Certificate from an accredited tech school is a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience with set ups and operation of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and precision grinders.
- Assembly and Sheet metal fabrication experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus
- CNC experience is required
- Basic programing experience is required
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, and bend. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, specific hand / eye coordination is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and hazardous materials. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk.
The employee will be required to wear PPE (safety glasses, gloves, faces coverings, etc.) as necessary for the job task.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Employee Reports to||Shop Supervisor|